rase v : tear down so as to make flat with the
ground; "The building was levelled" [syn: level
, tear down
, pull down
- A scratching out, or
- A slight wound; a scratch.
- A way of measuring in which the commodity measured was made
even with the top of the measuring vessel by rasing, or striking
off, all that was above it.
- To rub along the surface
of; to graze.
- To rub or scratch out; to erase.
- To level with the ground; to overthrow; to destroy; to raze.
- To be leveled with the ground; to fall; to suffer overthrow.
- first-, third-person singular indicative present of raser
- first-, third-person singular subjunctive present of raser
- second-person singular imperative of raser